Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Can we trust the internet? please do read this circumstances guyz

Personal Information is Unsafe on the Internet









computer
Hyeja Lee from Korea
I think we are always required to give too much personal information on the Internet.




The Internet must be the most complicated media because the inside of it is like mazes. Once I connect with the Internet, I can surf anywhere. I can shop, listen to music, watch movies, and check my bank account on the Internet. Sometimes I have to type my address, telephone number, job, e-mail, and credit card number. I always hesitate to give this information when I have to do it. I think we are always required to give too much personal information on the Internet, and sometimes I receive email, but don't know from whom. Our private information may no longer be private.
Sometimes I hear about hackers. For example, I heard about a large telephone company that exposed its customers' information. The reason this happens is it's too difficult to make information secure on the Internet. Only five years have passed since the Internet was popularized, and it has been improving very quickly. I guess there are many criminals who are hiding on the Internet like they hide in a maze. With the Internet's quick evolution, we need more security and laws to prevent our private information from being exposed.


Thinking Twice about E-mail


E-mail is rapidly becoming one of the fastest and most beloved ways of communicating with others, but are there some things to look out for? Bernard Bonnet from FranceMaría Eugenia C. Treu from Brazil discuss e-mail issues.


"I don't want an e-mail."

Although e-mail is a wonderful way to communicate, it is very dangerous because it is going to alter relationships. Since I have a computer (I got it when I moved to the U.S.), I have more and more difficulties to "hand-write".
I send e-mails to my friends who have computers—but in France it's not so common—and as for the others, I am waiting for them to call me! I understood this evolution (the beginning of an addiction?) when my best friend in Paris, while I was proposing to send an e-mail, said to me, "I don't want an e-mail. I want a real, colorful postcard, written with your thick black pen and your signature even if it takes 8 days to receive it."


Trashy E-mail is a Serious Problem
María Eugenia Treu from Brazil



"There should be some kind of regulation."


If you work in front of a computer, you are aware of how many trashy e-mails you can receive in a day. Some people who have nothing else to do fill their empty days sending dirty images and disgusting scenes to other people by e-mail.
I think that these trashy e-mails should have some kind of regulation, but not in the same way as the other media. There should be some kind of filter of what you can or cannot receive. This trashy e-mail could even bring a serious virus to your computer.Also, you would be very upset if these disgusting scenes arrived for your 8-year-old son, for example. If there is something to filter it, it would be a good thing to have installed on your computer.


Put in mind that we are very prone to danger in this earth- we are walking in the critical path and environment it may not be obvious because there are times that we execute things unconsciously. 

The bottom line is that we should learn to decide why we need to do such thing-thinking of long term consequences of product of our careless moves.

[wendel]



No comments:

Post a Comment